Re: libffi related bootstrap failure on sparc-sun-solaris2.8

On 2 Apr 2002, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Do you mean it works on the main line and not the branch?
> If so that's quite surprising.  The trunk and branch libffi/configure
> scripts are identical.

I have it! The difference is not whether I'm testing trunk or branch,
the difference is whether the host is

  % isainfo -v
  64-bit sparcv9 applications
  32-bit sparc applications

which is okay, or

  % isainfo -v
  32-bit sparc applications

which is where this configure test breaks. (I didn't notice this before,
for the two boxes I've been using for many months are supposed to be
completely identical.)

> Ok.  This suggests that the test itself is buggy..

Indeed.

Gerald