Re: Status of GCC memory checking, -fcheck-memory-usage

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 11:51:26AM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On 10 Feb 2002, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>
> > If anyone feels like
> > resurrecting this feature, the patch that took the feature out can
> > always be used as a starting point/
>
> It should not be used as a starting point.  The previous implementation
> was too pervasive; for example, people working on built-in string
> functions should not need to know the details of -fcheck-memory-usage.
I agree with you.
Only after adding the -fcheck-memory-usage feature to GCC, I had understood
that GCC was not really shaped for such a feature.  That's a reason why it was
very difficult to maintain the -fcheck-memory-usage inside GCC.

Tristan.