Re: Help with Gcc-3.0.3 cross-compile

Jim Wilson writes:

> This is an assembler error, which means the cross-gcc is probably trying
> to run the native assembler instead of the cross-assembler.

This is such a common error for people trying to do cross-compiles that
maybe we should think about how to detect the situation automatically,
perhaps at installation time.  Maybe something as simple as trying to
build "hello world", looking for cascades of errors from the assembler,
and if seen spit out some standard blurb.