Re: Status of Bugzilla?

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, mike stump wrote:
>> I would appreciate clarification of the GCC project's stance on this
>> issue.
> The way to do this, is to take a vote of all the people that make the
> heaviest use of the the bug reporting system [...]

As far as I saw, this "vote" has been relatively clear in favor of
switching to Bugzilla.

> See if anybody in power (SC) wants to veto it.

I will take care of informing the SC

> Then find someone with enough access to the gcc.gnu.org machine willing
> to `be responsible' for implementing it on the gcc.gnu.org machine and
> watching it and making it work.

Given this feedback and Daniel's committment, I'm willing to approve all
web-related changes and also help from the gcc.gnu.org machine-side.

On 7 Feb 2002, Phil Blundell wrote:
> Agreed.  I think that, rather than holding Bugzilla to some idealistic
> standard of what a bug-tracking system "should" be like, we should
> concentrate on the pragmatic issue of whether it is would be a material
> improvement over what we have now.

Agreed.

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> - We'll have to get rid of that .GIF mozilla.org banner ;-)

Agreed. Here we have to be GNU-ishly correct, but I believe Daniel will
quickly take care of such issues, right?

Gerald