Re: gcc 3.0 branch report for 34 embedded targets

Joel Sherrill writes:
> What do you mean?

He means that we already know that gcc-3.0.x sucks for embedded targets,
and we would like to know whether gcc-3.1 will suck less.  We have some
reasons to believe that at least on some of them you should see better
results.  If not, it would be good information.

> My goal is to be able to provide RTEMS prebuilt binaries for all *-rtems
> targets.  I periodically check out and test the more full set of
> embedded targets because there seemed to be no one who reported on the
> state of the cross targets at the same time.  I have simulators set
> up for all the targets that have them in gdb and can run the GCC
> test suites on many of them.

Great.  When you have time, could you re-run your tests on the current
CVS and see if we do better?

> I will repeat this on the current CVS if it will encourage someone
> to fix things. :)

Yes, please.