Re: Your SPECfp2000 run - date/time stamp.

Toon Moene <moene@knmi.nl> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Between the last and the previous run of your SPECfp2000 suite, some
> update was made to GCC that helped wupwise, swim, and apsi (a little
> bit).  I assume that it's Richard Henderson's fix to alias.c and loop.c
> at 7/2 00:57 PST.

The changes are noticable for wupwise and swim, but there's also a
tiny regression for some of the others, e.g. art

> However, the date/time stamp on the graphics page says 7/2 10:20 UTC for
> the earlier run and 7/2 23:00 UTC for the last run, so that would not be
> the explanation - unless these date/times do not indicate the moment you
> CVS'd the compiler used for that run.
>
> What is the exact meaning of the date/time stamp ?

It should be the date/time the scripts were started.  But you can have
a look at the exact diff, e.g. at:
http://www.suse.de/~aj/SPEC/CFP/d-permanent/200202071020.fp/gcc-200202071020.diff.bz2
to check the changes (go there via spec result files).  The ChangeLog contains:
+ 2002-02-07  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>
+
+       * alias.c (find_base_value): Recall base values for fixed hard regs.
+       * loop.c (loop_regs_update): Don't use single_set on non-insns.

I don't know why there's a slight time difference between Richard's
fix and the start of my run.

Note that I rsync now all stuff and use that internal rsync tree for
the branches.  This doesn't matter for the fp stuff but it's relevant
for others.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger