Re: paradoxical subreg problem

    Kenner's initial claim was not that they were undefined, but that they
    were bits we could pretend had any value that was interesting to us
    (don't care).  If you read the section on paradoxical subregs, this is
    what it implies.

I must say I don't understand the distinction between those two cases.

But, as I said, I think the real issue here is why this is being emitted when
we don't know for sure what those bits are.