Re: Remaining host configuration fragments

 Lars> "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk> writes:
 >> On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Zack Weinberg wrote: > [...] pdp11 [...]
 >> 2.11BSD for pdp11 is still actively maintained and PDP-11 hardware
 >> is available from Mentec.

 Lars> I asked in three places whether anyone was using GCC to compile
 Lars> code for the PDP-11: the PDP Unix Preservation Society mailing
 Lars> list (where the 2.11BSD maintainer lurks), the classiccmp
 Lars> mailing list, and the alt.sys.pdp11 newsgroup.  In all cases,
 Lars> there were no voices raised in defense of the PDP-11 back end
 Lars> in GCC.

Perhaps that's because the backend in its current state doesn't
actually work.  I've been tinkering with it (inspired by the new pdp11
GAS support).  It's getting closer.

If no one else cares, I can certainly treat it as a private amusement
and do nothing further with it, but if I make decent progress I'm
certainly willing to contribute it.

	  paul