Re: gcc installation

At 13.36 17/01/2002 (GMT -0800), Justin R. Gortner wrote:
>GCC Team,
>
>I'm not sure if you answer these types of question via e-mail, but here it
>goes anyhow; I just installed Mandrake Linux on my computer. It has GCC on
>it now but I need to update it. I downloaded and uncompressed
>gcc-g++2.95.2.tar.gz, but I have no idea how to update the existing gcc with
>these files. If you could just give me a set of instructions to a newbie it
>would really be a great help! Thanks,
>
>Justin R. Gortner of Virginia Tech

You're best option would be to download the RPM packages for it - they are
much easier to install and update.
You can get them from, eg., http://rpmfind.net.
Just search gcc, gcc-g++, and any other packages you might need. Then pick
which version you like (for Mandrake).

If you really want to update from the sources, you need to download also
gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz, and read the instructions at http://gcc.gnu.org/install/.

HTH
fwyzard