Re: Plans for 3.0.4 ?

Craig Rodrigues writes:

> If we release 3.0.4 we should:
> - make a list of bugs that should be fixed for 3.0.4, preferably
>   referenced by PR, such as PR 4122.

Agreed.  Furthermore I don't think we can fix a bug in 3.0.4 that
isn't already fixed in the trunk or that can't be fixed almost
immediately (Mark can set the deadline, but I'd anticipate a very
short window).

>   Does PR 3145.patch, which affects KDE, now qualify for 3.0.4?

This is a pretty scary-looking patch: more than 100k.  How extensively has
it been tested?  What are the binary compatibility issues?  (caring only
about binary compatibility for code that 3.0.3 compiles correctly, of
course).  Is this fix required to get KDE working reasonably, or can
the problem be coded around?

> - figure out what changes from 3.0.3 need to be merged from
>   mainline, if any
> - in the 3.0.4 release announcement, mention what bugs have been
>   fixed since 3.0.3 (encourage people to reference PR's fixed
>   in the ChangeLog)

Yes.