Mirror sites (was: anoncvs.cygnus.com)

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Joe Buck wrote:
> Furthermore I wouldn't be surprised if some of our mirror sites are set
> up to FTP from egcs.cygnus.com and not gcc.gnu.org, because no one ever
> changed it.

In fact, the majority of mirror sites still uses sourceware.cygnus.com
or egcs in one way or the other:

  .../htdocs% egrep ftp mirrors.html | grep -v -- -- | wc -l
      45

  .../htdocs% egrep 'cygnus|sourceware|egcs' mirrors.html | grep -v -- -- | wc -l
      35

CALL FOR HELP:

If you have five minutes of time to donate, please have a look at
http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html and

 1. pick one or two mirror sites in your geographical vicinity that still
    refer to cygnus.com or egcs in their directory structure;
 2. try to contact the admins of that site asking them to change this to
    ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc instead; and
 3. submit a patch to mirrors.html changing the path and also adding the
    contact address of the server admin(s) (as we already have in a couple
    of cases).

Gerald