Re: Major debugging breakage

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 08:45:04PM +0000, Neil Booth wrote:

> Something has been hosed with line numbers for a long time;

    Just out of interest, would specifying the compiler flags
    ``-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -malign-functions=4'' increase the
    likelihood of hosing line-number tracking?

    I've recently included these flags in our project at work and had
    one particular other programmer notice that the line tracking when
    debugging turned completely bogus.  Removing all optimisation flags
    and the aforementioned alignment flags seemed to rectify the problem.

    The environment in question is gcc-2.95.3 on RedHat 6.2 (2.2.14-5).
    I've been using these flags for the FreeBSD build using the same
    compiler and hadn't noticed any of this behaviour, so I was quite
    surprised to learn of it.

    Regards,

        Trent.

--
Trent Nelson - Software Engineer - nelsont@switch.aust.com
     "A man can achieve almost anything for which he