problem

Please help me, I have spent several weeks with absolutely no results and I
am becoming very frustrated, I require a working gcc and after downloading it
from your site it I am very disappointed in that it must be compiled to
install and my problem is my environment lacks a compiler to do this. (the
authors way of controlling the software)

    All I can tell you is this, suggestion on dealing with the author of the
software or anyone else is pretty much useless to me, what I require is
functional 'gcc'.

    Since I cannot say exactly what my environment is, since it is a stripped
MachTen derivative, several programs are missing that stop me from upgrading
or midifying my environment since every time I issue the command
'./configure' I get the following.

#./configure -v --with-layout=machten
uname: not found
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.12
 + using installation path layout: machten (config.layout)
who: not found
head: not found
head: not found
head: not found
head: not found
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
 + Rule SHARED_CORE=default
 + Rule SHARED_CHAIN=default
 + Rule SOCKS4=no
 + Rule SOCKS5=no
 + Rule IRIXNIS=no
 + Rule IRIXN32=yes
 + Rule PARANOID=no
 + Rule EXPAT=default
 + Rule DEV_RANDOM=default
 + Rule WANTHSREGEX=default
 + Module mmap_static: no
 + Module vhost_alias: no
 + Module env: yes
 + Module log_config: yes
 + Module log_agent: no
 + Module log_referer: no
 + Module mime_magic: no
 + Module mime: yes
 + Module negotiation: yes
 + Module status: yes
 + Module info: no
 + Module include: yes
 + Module autoindex: yes
 + Module dir: yes
 + Module cgi: yes
 + Module asis: yes
 + Module imap: yes
 + Module actions: yes
 + Module speling: no
 + Module userdir: yes
 + Module alias: yes
 + Module rewrite: no
 + Module access: yes
 + Module auth: yes
 + Module auth_anon: no
 + Module auth_dbm: no
 + Module auth_db: no
 + Module digest: no
 + Module auth_digest: no
 + Module proxy: no
 + Module cern_meta: no
 + Module expires: no
 + Module headers: no
 + Module usertrack: no
 + Module example: no
 + Module unique_id: no
 + Module so: no
 + Module setenvif: yes
 + Checking platform/OS type
 + configured for MachTen PPC platform
Error: could not find 'head' anywhere in your PATH
Error: could not find 'who' anywhere in your PATH
Error: could not find 'uname' anywhere in your PATH
Error: could not find 'compress' anywhere in your PATH
Error: could not find 'gcc' C compiler anywhere in your PATH
Configure terminated
#

I do have the '.packlist' from the installed apache if it helps, I just need
to get a working gcc and no idea where to get a binary distribution.

I don't care if I have to try several binaries to find a working one, as long
as I can get something that is known to work and complete I will be very
happy.

Dale