Re: in_avail() bug not fixed in 3.0.3

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Joe Buck wrote:

> Phil Edwards writes:
> > This is YARTTOG[*].  I haven't seen any other bug-tracking system
> > which offers this specific behavior ("fixed in release X byt not in Y" yet.
> > Bugzilla has a field for "fix this bug by release X".  I don't think the
> > Debian BTS has any such field either.
>
> Our internal SQL-based bug database lets you do it, indirectly.  The
> bug state can only be OPENED, ASSIGNED, FIXED etc like GNATS, but there's
> also a field for the release containing the fix.  Given something like
> this, it's not difficult to write an SQL query that shows all outstanding
> bugs on the 3.0 branch, as you would also include bugs marked FIXED
> if the fix release were set to 3.1.  This would require, though, that
> the bug database be updated when a fix is back-ported.

A large proportion of bugs could be automatically verified, given machines
running the most common systems used for GCC with various GCC versions
installed.  With any new system, perhaps we should try to arrange for
gccbug to support creating a bug report from which a testcase can be
automatically extracted (and support adding such test procedures to a bug
report afterwards), so information about affected versions could be
derived automatically.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk