Re: [Ada] Q about building cross gnatlib

Geert Bosch wrote:

> On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 04:34 , <guerby@acm.org> wrote:
>
> > Does the ACT tree (when building for VxWorks for example) have
> > specific patches to the Makefile to handle the situation? If they're
> > not completely ready for the FSF tree yet, could someone send them to
> > me, it would help a lot my efforts to setup a cross testing
> > environment for the various RTEMS targets. (Right now I'm kluding
> > around
> > the Makefile in random places and not completely successful yet.)
>
> There are no specific patches, and we do nightly cross-builds of GNAT on
> for a whole set of hosts/targets. This is with the old gcc 2.8.1
> setup though,
> so any differences should be due to the differences between the current
> setup and the old one (which you know well).

GNAT/RTEMS built fine for 3.13p.  The problem seems to be centered on
the Ada rts makefile not using the FLAGS_FOR_TARGET defined in the top
level Makefile.  This lets you see newlib's include and include/sys
directories.

It may also be necessary to use LIBGCC2_FLAGS_FOR_TARGET (sp?) as well.
I know this is how you find the RTEMS limits.h down inside newlib.