Re: alpha bootstrap failure, new symptom

--On Wednesday, November 28, 2001 12:37:58 PM +0000 Richard Kenner
<kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> wrote:

>     When I said "make bootstrap" it failed.  I presume that it would have
>     done the same for you, since the problem seems to have been
>     machine-independent.
>
> When I do "make bootstrap", it just bootstraps the compiler.  Perhaps you
> were in the directory above "gcc" when you did it.  That might also build
> other stuff (which I never got working for me).

It sounds like you are still not following our testing procedures.  Once
again, all checkins to language-independent code should be proceeded by

  make bootstrap
  make check

at the top level, and there should be no new tests.  You must rebuild
all libraries as part of your testing process.