GNU Fortran inquiry

Dear Sir,

I send you this mail because I would like to get help with GNU Fortran,
particularly with intrinsic functions and subroutines.
In fact, I 'm doing a model in fortran langage.
I must use a random generator.
So, I use the following intrinsic function : rand(seed).
Netherveless, a given seed always produces the same sequence of values from
rand.
I would like to know if it is possible to use a constant to seed with the
current time.

I'll thank you
Isabelle Descamps

École des Mines de Douai