Re: gccadmin account: scripts vs maintainer-scripts

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-11.t/msg00624.html

Ah, I remember.

> I haven't tried changing it because I did not know whether ~gccadmin/scripts
> was used anywhere other than the cron table entry.  There's no reason why
> the cron table can't call the scripts out of maintainer-scripts directly.
>
> The scripts subdir can probably be removed entirely if we know nothing
> else is using it.  I don't know anything about OLD-RCS-unused, but its
> name suggests it can go away.  :-)

I went the most cautious road for now:

  [gccadmin]$ mv scripts/OLD-RCS-unused/ maintainer-scripts/
  [gccadmin]$ rm -rf scripts/
  [gccadmin]$ mv maintainer-scripts/ scripts

If you or Joseph are more ambitious, I'd say, go for it. :-)

Gerald