Re: gcc-ss-20011119 is now available

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 01:46:25AM -0000, gccadmin@sourceware.cygnus.com wrote:
> > gcc-ss-20011119 is now available on
> > ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/2001-11-19
>
> Would it be possible to add the branch name to this?
> It is hard for me maintaining the FreeBSD ports to know which is being
> fetched and when the snapshots change from branch to mainline, etc.

Snapshots move from branch to mainline when someone approves the patch to
gcc_release to do so - I think they should in general move just after a
new major release (3.0, 3.1, ...) is made though it took a lot longer this
time.

If you want this message to give more information (and to have an
up-to-date list of files, which it doesn't at present), send a patch.
Unfortunately the file with this message in isn't in CVS.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk