Re: Moving C to its own directory (was Re: ObjC tree inlining)

On Nov 20, 2001, "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:
>> What I meant was all that "revision 1" implies: 'log' and 'annotate'
>> are reset, for example.
>>
>> If the ,v files are moved, those commands continue to just work.  Otherwise a
>> GCC hacker can only 'log' and 'annotate' back so far before being forced
>> to find an old checkout of the repo and repeating the work there.

> CVS annotate and log work just fine on files that have been cvs removed;
> try them on gcc/gcc.texi, for example.  No old checkout is required.

Do you have any script handy that merges CVS annotate from two
different files, such that, if one line is marked as from revision 1,
it takes the line from the other?  This would be necessary to give
developers the same amount of information from cvs annotate without
too much additional effort.