Re: Using GNATS to track GCC patches

Craig Rodrigues wrote:-

> I recall from the following thread that the idea
> of using GNATS to track patches in GCC came up:

> Has anyone made any move to implement this?

It might be a good idea, but I don't think that enough people take
GNATS seriously.  Only 4 or 5 of us use it regularly, and I think it's
fair to say that everyone with global write privs hardly uses it at
all.  Mark and rth seem to be the only ones that do, and only then
very occasionally.

So, I don't think this is a good idea at present, since it would just
clutter up GNATS.

I also feel that GNATS is a bit, um, flimsy and breaks easily, and is
not heavy-duty enough for what we'd really like.  We realy want proper
bug cross-referencing, cross-dependency tracking, a proper idea of
duplicates, etc, etc. much like Bugzilla does and GNATS doesn't appear
to do at all.

Neil.