Re: GCC 3.0.3 and GCC 3.1

    In addition, on December 15th we will enter the bug-fix only period
    of our GCC 3.1 development cycle.  Beginning at that point, the only
    changes on the GCC mainline will be changes that fix bugs, including
    performance regressions; we will not add any new features at that
    point.  Then, on February 15th, 2002, we will branch for the GCC 3.1
    release.

What do you suggest that developers do between December 15 and February 15?
Do you think developers should work in private trees or each should make
a branch for their own use?