Re: auto-sync of top-level 'include' & 'config' directories?

Zack Weinberg wrote:

>I'm also looking into importing Bruno Haible's libiconv - that will
>make gettext 0.10.40 happier and give Java (and C-family, near future)
>reliable support for non-ASCII/Unicode charsets.

Cool. We've wanted this for GCJ and libjava for a long time.

>Unless someone knows a good reason to avoid use of system iconv on
>some platforms, I would have it default to using system iconv
>(possibly in libc), and not distinguishing between system-provided
>libiconv and user-installed libiconv.

On some systems (eg Solaris), the system iconv is buggy, so it would be
nice to be able to override the system implementation with the in-tree
libiconv in those cases. We already have a bunch of workarounds in GCJ
and libjava to deal with the Solaris iconv.

regards

Bryce.