Storage of uninitialised globals

Hi !
	At a certain stage in my project, I need to know the size of the
uninitialised global region of an object file. The object file is in the
ELF32 format (GCC, Linux) and is not a final executable. I also have
the source from which the obj has been created but I must get the info.
from the obj file only .  Can anyone tell
me what is the size of the uninitialised global storage in such a case or
how and where that information is stored in the obj file ?Is there any
particular way to compile the
source so that the concerned information may be found in the obj. file
generated ? I would greatly appreciate any help . Thank you .

Joy.

Joy Mukherjee
Graduate Student,
Deptt. of CS,