Newbie question on -Os

Hi!

I'm relatively new to gcc, since I have only used it for 2-3 weeks.
I build GCC-3.0.2 on cygwin (under windows 2000) and my linux box (redhat
7.0).
My problem is that I have used many many compilers, and find gcc far
superior to most of them, but it seems that the files produced by gcc tend
to be huge as compared with those produced by the likes of MSVC6 and Borland
CC (even after strip and upx). I assume theres a set of commandline-options
for optimising for size but the only ones I found help are -Os
and -fomit-frame-pointer.

Please advise as to the best options for size reductions.

Any suggestions would be great,
TIA

Stephano.