Re: 64 bit gcc?

> Hmm. I've compiled all that, and more, using gcc sparcv9-sun-solaris2.7.
>
> I noticed problems with:
>
> perl-5.6.1
> gnome-libs-1.4.1.2
>
> Which led me to believe that the people who maintain the compiler might
> know what they are talking about when they say it has problems. :)
>
> --Jack

Well, yes you're right! Frankly speaking openssl-0.9.x did not compile well
for me until i supplied CC="gcc -m32" but everything else was just fine.
As for the gnome-libs you have to be _absolutely_ sure you're using Sun's
binutils(ar, as, ld etc.), otherwise it will segfault.

BTW, i saw your FAQ at ice.mudshark.org and i must say that on solaris2.7 i
do have trouble compiling things and trouble running them, but not on 2.8. i
have two completely same machines (ultrasparc2i) one of them running 2.7 and
other one 2.8 on 2.8 everything is ok.

Alex