Re: Copyright forms for new contributor?

Gerald writes:

> Nobody officially handles these requests ever since RMS requested that we
> remove these forms from our web site. And ever since then, I am wasting my
> time handling these requests as nobody else seems to care.

The reason for not giving out the forms directly was that people were
sending the wrong forms, making small (but legally significant) changes
to them, etc.  Since the contract has to be on paper, it works best if
the FSF sends out the actual paper; before they switched to this approach,
RMS had to personally check every word of every form, which doesn't work
too well.

Just the same, we need a better procedure.  Perhaps we SC members will
need to take turns being the copyright form liason.  We could set up
a mailing list for the purpose of handling requests from contributors
for the legal documents.

> Please find the forms for assigning (possible current and) future
> changes quoted below.

Actually, what you quote is the form for requesting forms. :-)