Re: Best way to remove cpp0

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Neil Booth wrote:

> However, if there's a bug in the compiler during 2), say a segfault,
> then the preprocessed output with -save-temps would only proceed as
> far as the compiler bug.  We have asked users to submit the
> preprocessed output obtained with -save-temps.
>
> What's the best way forwards for this case?

When an ICE occurs, the driver should run the back end again in
preprocessor mode to generate the .i file, then run it on that .i file in
compiler mode to check whether the ICE occurs with the .i file.  If it
occurs with the .i file, the compiler should state the name of the .i file
it has created that should be included in the bug report (along with
details of host/target/compilation options); if it does not (e.g., ICE in
the preprocessor), it should list all the source files that should be
sent.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk