Re: [discuss] SSE/MMX leaking to the integer code

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:37:55PM +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> In fact, in the longer term, I would love to allow both DI and SImode values in SSE/MMX
> and teach gcc to use it when it runs out of integer registers and special flag is used.

Please make sure there is a way to turn this off. Kernel code is not allowed
to touch MMX/SSE  context. For user space it is also sometimes useful to
know for use that no FP/SSE context is needed; this way you can get faster context
switches and faster signal handling.

-Andi