Re: RedHat precompiled-header code branch created

On Wed, 03 Oct 2001, Devang Patel wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 2, 2001, at 03:04  PM, Alan Matsuoka wrote:
>

> > At the urging of my colleagues I've created a branch called
> > pchmerge-branch
> > for gcc. Note that this is a merge and work in progress and is a result
> > of the work done by Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@redhat.com>,  Jason
> > Merrill  <jason@redhat.com>,
> > Catherine Moore  <clm@redhat.com> et. al. for a previous internal
> > project for gcc 2.97.
> > Note that this is a merge in progress and things may not work (as a
> > matter of fact right now it's not).
> > This is basically a source dump that has debug code in it, warts and
> > all.
>
> Any documentation/readme files available for this precompiled header
> source dump ? I am interested to know, when merge and development
> is finished,

I am still working on it. As to when depends on my finding some nasty garbage
collection bugs. I am building it with  --enable-checking=tree,misc,gc,gcac turned on
to weed them out. The pch code is also in a state of flux at the moment.

Alan Matsuoka
GCC Engineering
Red Hat Canada, Ltd
mailto:alanm@redhat.com Tel: (416) 482-2661 x250 / Fax: (416) 482-6299