Re: [Fwd: Arm cross compiler: Error]

Hi Nagappan,

>     I have built GCC cross compiler for arm and tried to use it.
> When I compile a program with -c, -s options the object file and
> assembly files are created respectively. But when I try to make
> the executable it prompts me an error saying unable to find crt0.o
> and the ld exits with 1 as return status. May anyone help me in
> finding what would be wrong in the building the cross compiler.

It sounds like you need a C library :-)  crt0.o is the C run time
startup file.  Try downloading and building newlib, a simple C library
implementation intened for embedded apps:

  http://sources.redhat.com/newlib/

or GNUlibc - a full featured C library implementation:

  http://sources.redhat.com/glibc/

Cheers
        Nick