Re: Proposal

Frank Klemm wrote:-

> '_' should be allowed in numbers. It is allowed between the digits of
> numbers in a C/C++ source _before_ preprocessing. It is not allowed between
> digits which are 'created' during the preprocessor phase.

Why are you so keen to disallow it in created tokens?  If a patch to
implement '_' in numbers were submitted, I would require that a
preprocessing number be a pp number no matter how it is created; I'm
pretty sure Zack would agree with me.

> #define MY_MERGE_5(a,b,c,d,e)  a##b##c##d##e
> #define MILLION                MY_MERGE_5 ( 1, _, 000, _, 000 )
> #define BILLION	               MY_MERGE_5 ( MILLION, _, 000, _, 000 )	// UK notation

BILLION won't expand to what you think.  As for UK notation, I'm
British and I can't think of the last time I've seen a billion have 12
zeroes.  In fact, I think the only time it occurs is when people are
comparing the claimed British and American forms :-)

Neil.