This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: status of the 3.1 release (Apple contributions ?)
- To: Aurelien <aurelien at fractals dot be>
- Subject: Re: status of the 3.1 release (Apple contributions ?)
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:05:15 -0700
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200109261758.f8QHwJT02211@mail-in1.apple.com>
> Yip - eee ! Mac OS X 10.1 is out (finally)
> Darn, and now they say you could wait 6 more weeks to get the product !
> But,... doesn't Apple have to contribute its developement to the FSF,
> once the product is released (and now it is) ?
No, that's not what the GPL says. The source to Apple's GCC (which
for 10.1 is still based on 2.95.2, as it was for 10.0) is, as always,
We are contributing new work to FSF GCC, to see examples just search
gcc-patches and the ChangeLogs for apple.com addresses.