RE: Bug report optimization #4186 and ia64

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. We will re-build or entire
app asap and check this.

> I think it is unlikely that the IA-64 problem is related, since the
> IA-64 does not pass arguments on the stack like the x86 does.

You're right. We checked this with -fno-optimize-sibling-calls and
- independently - with -fno-strict-aliasing as H.J. Lu suggested.
Neither of them showed any effect.

We'll have to look futher into a testcase.

Thanks
Willi