Re: MAINTAINERS policy question

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Bernd Schmidt wrote:

> I have a question about how the MAINTAINERS file should be interpreted.
> Suppose you have somebody listed as maintaining port X.  Does this grant
> the right to check in any patch for a problem that affects port X, or
> does it only grant the right to modify config/X/*?

I'd say it means config/X/*, plus the entries for X in config.gcc, plus
documentation for X (options in invoke.texi, attributes in extend.texi,
specific issues in install.texi, ...), plus testcases for any feature or
bug specific to X (probably plus configuration for X in libstdc++-v3 /
libffi / ...).  (But not anything X-specific in config.* or libtool, since
those should be imported unmodified where possible.)  But not changes to
generic files for bugs that affect X.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk