Re: alphaev6-dec-osf4.0f bootstrap failing due to constructor encoding

>> Why are they appended to the name of a constructor and how random
>> do the characters need to be?
>
> We need a unique symbol name.  How can we acquire one?  If there
> is a global symbol, then that symbol name must be unique, so we
> can generate one based on that.  Otherwise...

Does the name have to be different each time the file is compiled, or
can we do something like append characters based on the file inode,
offset into the file, ... ?  Something which results in the same encoding
each time that function in that file is compiled.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john@feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |