Re: RFC: should we use -Werror? (& sample patch to do it)

Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:-

>  > No, the error issues from the tokenizer, which doesn't know anything
>  > about __extension__, nor should it (it would have to understand the
>  > expression grammar then).
>
> Er, I just tried it and it works...

Well, only sort of.  You miss strings that appear only to the
preprocessor, like those in #defines that don't get used, #include
etc.

String handling will be moving closer to cpplib and out of the parser
sometime soon, so we really don't want it to rely on something in the
front ends.

Neil.