RE: Quotes and Brackets In Include Directives

Not quite :-)

The standard further specifies, IIRC and looking at the documents I hav
off-hand now, that the additional search places used for "" are searched
*before* the standard places.

Traditionally (but this is implementation defined) these additional places
are just the directory of the including file. Beware, this is not the main
source file, but the file containing the #include directive.

This has interesting effects that may look surprising: if search list is
foo/ bar/, both contains xxx.h, bar contains yyy.h which '#include "xxx.h"',
then bar/xxx.h will be used, not foo/xxx.h, even as both are "system"
include directories :-)

HTH

	Bernard

> In particular, this means that having local include files with names
> that are the same as system headers is asking for trouble.  Various
> compilers can and do differ in which one you will get with various
> combinations of CWD, -I options, etc.
>
> -Tim

Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingenierie