Re: [GCC] New attribute "infrequent"?

    Joe> But in my experience, except for applications like DSP where
    Joe> control flow is extremely predictable, most programmers (as
    Joe> opposed to gurus, and even gurus are imperfect) tend NOT to
    Joe> know, or to guess wrong, about the performance-critical parts
    Joe> of their program, unless they've profiled it.  Originally

    However, determining which sections are performance-critical is an
approachable problem; there are many tools to help and much
documentation.  The argument isn't whether programmers know which
sections of code are frequently called or not, it is which makes
more sense, having programmers mark 80% of their code are infrequent
or having them mark only the 20% that is performance-critical.

                                          Patrick Audley.