Re: Bug in complex::norm

    Gabriel> Maurizio Loreti <loreti@pd.infn.it> writes:
    Gabriel> | > Is complex<T> required to work with non-floating point types T?
    Gabriel> |
    Gabriel> | No.  ISO/IEC 14882:1998 2.6.2.2 states:
    Gabriel> | "The effect of instantiating template complex for any type other than
    Gabriel> | float, double and long double is unspecified."

    Gabriel> Thanks.

    Gabriel> I don't recall if I changed norm's implementation, and if so I don't
    Gabriel> recall why.  But we should have a less inefficient implementation.

The fact that it is not required to work doesn't mean we should
intentionally choose an implementation that doesn't for no good
reason.

complex<int> is very important for my work in Digital Signal
Processing.  I believe that once the DSP community becomes more
literate in modern C++ that I won't be the only person that would be
glad to see as much complex<int> functionality as is reasonable.