Re: libstdc++ bootstrap failures on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 (analyzed)

> 	Do we actually need cpu/os-specific std_limits.h in most cases?
> Are we still making this too complicated by having to pre-generate
> gen-num-limits output for each target?

I perhaps wasn't clera.  If the generic version is good enough for a
target it can use that.  I had envisioned:

  /somewhere/std_limits.h

  #include <os_defines.h>

  #ifdef OK_TO_USE_GENERIC_STUFF

  #if BITS == 32
  #elif BITS == 64
  #endif

  <generic stuff>

  #else /* !OK_TO_USE_GENERIC_STUFF */

  /* By this point os_defines.h will have done whatever it wanted to
     do.  */

  #endif

So, the effort for a "normal" system is probably just to define BITS.
But, this supports a "weird" system if we run into one, too.