Re: Strange behaviour gcc 3.0

> > It's indeed in bits/stdio.h.
> >
> > Is there a define available to see if I'm using gcc 3.0 ?? Older versions
> > have no problem with above code, and the #ifdef in printf() is massively
> > used in the programs I'm recompiling.
>
> ISO C99 allows you to #undef printf, just do after inclusion of
> stdio.h

Yeah, but since I'm building RPM's this is a knightmare. I've hacked
glibc, seems to work.

> But note that ISO C allows every function to be a macro,

Indeed, that is why I find this change in gcc 3.0 strange. Older versions
never complained about it, gcc 3.0 makes it an error. I don't understand
the reason for this change, but I'm not a compiler guru :)

> Andreas

	Igmar

--

Igmar Palsenberg