gcc2.6.3

Hi,
I have an older version of gcc2.6.3 running on Linux. The simulator for
which I am using the older version fails to execute and gives the
following message:

bash: ./gcc : cannot execute binary file

I do not have the complete distribution of gcc263, but the one that was
provided by the designers has all the binaries, assembler, linker and
moreover it was sufficient to run it properly.

Therefore could you tell me why I may be getting these error messages?

Thanks
Avinash.