Re: Beyond GCC 3.0: Summing Up

A note on testing here, with regard to the "contributor only has one
platform" problem. What we do at ACT is to have a whole series of machines,
one for each target at least, which are accessible using a special mailserver
script. You simply send your proposed patch by email to this mailserver, and
it rebuilds the compiler, runs the test suite, and reports back the results.

It seems to me that this model of remote testing would be ideal in the
general gcc development arena.