Re: Beyond GCC 3.0: Summing Up

> We have customers complaining that a new release every 6 months is
> too frequent!

I'd guess that what this kind of customer is complaining about is the
absolute need for them to update because the old version will no
longer be supported soon after a new one is issued - typical vendor
policy. If the vendor is able to support old releases for one or two
years, the new releases every six monthes are not a problem for those
customers, they can play with them if they have some time and switch
if the version looks good, otherwise they can wait two years. Of
course it can become quite a problem ressource-wise for the vendor to
maintain more than version N-1 and N (minimal setting).

I also know you have customers that are complaining that a release
every 18 monthes is too infrequent, vendor life is not easy :).

BTW, any news on the GNAT commit?

--
Laurent Guerby <guerby@acm.org>