Re: GNU Methodology?

In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0107081207310.8131-100000@cseproj22.cse.iitk.ac.in> you write:
>hi all!!
>
> i'm subscribing to this list for a couple of months and following your
>development process. from what i've understood, i think, your way of
>developing software shud qualify as a unique methodology.

No, it's definitely not unique. Most free software development processes
follow similar rules, and neither gcc nor the GNU development process are
unique in that respect. (Points to BSD systems. Points to XFree...)

The absence of marketing people is fairly common-place. One of the most
important difference in free software development usually relies in the
relative opacity of the process (is everything done on public lists ?
are there `core groups' ? can anyone participate in a relatively
free way) and in the coordination of releases (which is currently being
discussed...)

Anyways, I won't go any further, this is fairly off-topic for this list.