Re: [RFC] Suggested replacement for specs and switch handling

> How about multiple hash-tables, one per front-end?  You could
> pre-compile each one separately, and map them all in at run-time.  We
> could also provide a tool (optionally installed?) to de-compile such a
> hash-table, and to re-compile it.

It should be OK with rebuilding a single data file at installation time
with a special tool.  The only crucial point is that we don't want
to recompile the driver, since that can lead to chicken-and-egg problems.

And the input files for the tool that rebuilds the data file need to
be installed, so you don't run into problems with incremental installs.
And since you don't use them directly, you might as well use the human
readbale 'source' files for that purpose.