Re: Update to Redhat gcc 2.96

> Hi,
>
> I saw this on Linux Weekly News:
>
> "[RHBA-2001:082-05] New version of GCC 2.96-RH available fixing several bugs"
> http://lwn.net/2001/0628/a/rh-gcc2.96-rh.php3
>
> This note should be kept in mind when people file GNATS reports
> against RH compilers.

People should not be filing GNATS reports against RH compilers using the
gcc.gnu.org GNATS database.  Red Hat has the right to produce their own
fork of the compiler, and by doing so they helped to shake out a lot of
bugs.  But RH doesn't have the right to expect the net-wide developer
community to track bugs for them, and I'm sure they have their own
internal database in any case.

If someone does file a report against a RH compiler, it makes sense to see
if the bug can be duplicated with 3.0, and if so it can be turned into a
3.0 bug.  If not, it should go to "cannot duplicate" status.