Re: GCC vs GLIBC: why this stance, Drepper ?!?

> you that one has to treat libgcc_s.so.1 with extreme care.

The GCC team worked very hard (Richard Henderson, in particular, went
above and beyond) to try to get all the ABI changes into 3.0.  In
particular, the exception-handling issues which proved problematic
in earlier releases should finally be resolved once and for all.

We're not going to be changing anything in libgcc without exercising
extreme caution, and there are a lot of savvy people reading the
mailing list, so if we get it wrong, I'm sure we'll get caught
quickly.

Let's assume, as this discussion proceeds, that we all understand
that.