Re: Losing Patches (was: embedded target breakage)

On Jul  1, 2001, "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> A related point: when putting a patch in GNATS, sending the URL to the
> patch in the list archives should suffice

I disagree.  It's too hard to obtain an installable patch from the
mailing list archives (you have to download the mailbox-format file
and extract the patch from there, because the conversion to html
mangles whitespace).  Attaching the patch to the PR is far better,
because then anyone can just download it with gnatsweb.  Anyway,
having a link to the original patch submission in the PR is definitely
a good idea.

[snipped discussion of the very problem I point out, with different
suggestion]

Yeah, this should teach me to read the whole message before starting
to compose the reply :-) But I guess I'll never learn this lesson :-(